Team with the best
Db2® LUW Performance Tools
company in the World

The DB2Night Show #64: Top Things I learned at IDUG EMEA

December 2, 2011, 6:11 pm
Posted by Scott in DB2 LUW

Special Guest: Norberto Gasparotto Filho, IBM

In episode #64, our special guest Norberto did a brilliant job of highlighting the top things he learned while attending IDUG EMEA in Prague. It was like "IDUG's Greatest Hits." For each technical session that Norberto attended, he shared excerpts and some of the most important, most valuable tips. He also talked a bit about his IDUG experience and the great value that he received. 94% of our studio audience indicated that they learned something! (I suppose the other 6% attended IDUG EMEA themselves and this show was review) WHAT DID YOU MISS?? Watch the replay...

Show Host Scott Hayes Commentary

It was a genuine pleasure meeting Norberto at IDUG EMEA. I am very proud of him and his achievements. Winning DB2's GOT TALENT 2011 has elevated his stature within IBM and increased his visibility in the DB2 community. He is humble and kind, and he has a gift for sharing DB2 knowledge in simple ways, with examples, that are easy to understand.

Norberto requested that I include a link to his blog in this replay announcement. Norberto's blog contains several links to additional resources that he mentioned during this show. CLICK HERE to access Norberto's blog on IBM Developer Works.

We will be running another DB2's GOT TALENT Contest in 2012. Make sure you Join The DB2Night Show™ LinkedIn Group (below) so that you don't miss any of the important announcements!

Join The DB2Night Show™ LinkedIn Group

The DB2Night Show™ has a LinkedIn Group. The "closed" group is open to any LinkedIn member. Join to receive LinkedIn group updates including future shows and replay information, and, if you like, start some discussions about the show! Join The DB2Night Show LinkedIn Group!

A message from today's show sponsor

During today's quick commercial break, DBI provided a very short demonstration of Brother-Panther® for DB2 LUW. Change Happens. Fixpacks get applied. Applications get updated. Schemas are changed. Whenever there is a change in the environment, EVERYONE wants to know "Is performance better or worse? What's faster? What's slower?" In just a few mouse clicks with Brother-Panther, you can see, in vivid colorful detail, performance changes between two different time frames. For a comprehensive list of Brother-Panther's industry leading features, visit our DB2 Tools Comparison.

Our #1 Job is helping you look great!
Our #2 Job is giving you the documentation to prove it!

Contact DBI and find out how our DB2 LUW Performance Solutions can truly help you optimize performance and lower IT costs.

Get the Download Replay

To download a recorded replay of Episode #64, right click on the link below and choose "Save As..."
Episode #64, 2 December 2011, Top Things I learned at IDUG EMEA with guest Norberto Gasparotto Filho

Have an iLife, iDevice, iPod, iPad, or iPhone? Right click and download the M4V ( MP4 ) format!

Did you learn something from this show?

See that "Mail This" link below? Click it and do a friend a favor - share this blog post and show with one of your friends or peers. THANKS!

Share a great show with your friends and followers:

Printer friendly