Get your free PDF copy of Unleashing DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows! Here is an abstract of the new book...
Unleashing DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and WindowsThis IBM® Redbooks® publication provides a broad understanding of the key features in IBM DB2® 10 and how to use these features to get more value from business applications. It includes information about the following features:
- Time Travel Query, which you use to store and retrieve time-based data by using capability built into DB2 10, without needing to build your own solution
- Adaptive compression, an enhanced compression technology that adapts to changing data patterns, yielding extremely high compression ratios
- Multi-temperature storage, which you may use to optimize storage costs by identifying and managing data based on its “temperature” or access requirements
- Row and column access control, which offers security access enforcement on your data, at the row or column level, or both
- Availability enhancements, which provide different DB2 availability features for different enterprise needs; high availability disaster recovery (HADR) multiple-standby databases provide availability and data recovery in one technology, and the IBM DB2 pureScale® Feature provides continuous availability and scalability that is transparent to applications
- Oracle compatibility, which allows many applications written for Oracle to run on DB2, virtually unchanged
- Ingest utility, a feature-rich data movement utility that allows queries to run concurrently with minimal impact on data availability
What I like about this RedbookTypical of IBM Redbooks, this one is full of examples. I've put a copy of the PDF right on my desktop for quick and easy reference. I also like that the book is focused on "core" DB2 without marketing or mention of "extras." It contains eight chapters and 162 pages of excellent reference material.
Where can you learn more about DB2 10?Check out replays of these episodes of The DB2Night Show™:
- The DB2Night Show #80: DB2 LUW V10 Breaking News Part 1 with IBM Guests Danny Arnold, one of the Redbook authors, was one of our specials guests on this show.
- The DB2Night Show #81: DB2 LUW V10 Breaking News Part 2 with IBM Guests Danny Arnold was also a guest.
- The DB2Night Show #77: DB2 LUW 10 Temporal Queries and Analytics
- The DB2Night Show #88: DB2 LUW 10 Real-Time Data Warehousing (INGEST)
The DB2Night Show Begins its 4TH Season!Do you have DB2 LUW performance questions? Our special guest, Steve Rees from the IBM Canada Lab, has your answers on September 7th (Part1) and September 21st (Part 2). Check out www.DB2NightShow.com for our show schedule, details, and registration links for your free seat in our studio audiences!
Share the news of this new DB2 Redbook