. Suggested sessions for DB2 LUW on Thursday and Friday are highlighted in this blog post. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are discussed in
This is part 2 of "Best Bets" for The IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Denver
. Suggested sessions for DB2 LUW on Thursday and Friday are highlighted in this blog post. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are discussed in PART 1
Thursday 17 May
- Technical Session 9: D09, "Ten Minute Triage" with Michael Krafick (SunTrust Banks), Room 106.
- Alternate: F09, "Journey from traditional Data Marts to 24x7 Dynamic Warehousing on IBM Smart Analytics System 7700" with User speaker Prashant Sogarwal (Suntrust Banks), Room 108.
- Two SunTrust speakers pitted against each other. Michael vs. Prashant. I wonder who will attract more attendees.
- Technical Session 10: D10, "Customer Success Story: How a Top Retailer achieves 250,000 SQL/Sec on Black Friday". I will be your speaker, joined by the IT Director of "Top Retailer".
- Technical Session 11: C11, "Using Optimizer Profiles to Control Access Plans" with Melanie Stopfer, Room 104. It's a complex topic. Melanie will make it seem simple.
- Technical Session 12: D12, "What Is Happening in My Package Cache?" with Paul Turpin, Room 106. Years ago I coaxed Paul into giving his first IDUG presentation. I also encouraged him to join Toastmasters to polish his public speaking. In recent years, his presentations have been nothing less than Excellent!
- Technical Networking Opportunities - II: "DB2 for LUW Mini-Panel". I think I am supposed to be on this panel, but IDUG forgot to list my name. Hmmmm. If I am not committed to this panel, I might join Brad Price for "Your Database Perfomance is Top Notch - What About YOU???". I am training for the San Diego 1/2 Marathon on June 3, 2012 - it will be my 6th 1/2 marathon.
- Thursday Dine Around: This is one of the most fun IDUG events. Join Melanie Stopfer and I at the Rock Bottom Brewery.
Friday 18 May
- Technical Session 13: H13, "Deep Dive into Query Performance Optimization: Zigzag Join , Jump Scan", Room 105. Zigzag? Is DB2 drunk? Must attend. At 8am, will have coffee in both hands.
- Technical Session 14: H14, "Deep Dive into DB2 10 Query Performance Optimization: Statistics and Optimization Profiles" with John Hornibrook, IBM, Room 105. John is a hard core Toronto Lab guy and he doesn't speak with hidden agendas or subliminal sales pitches. He has been a guest on The DB2Night Show several times and his talks are always highly rated.
- Alternate: D14, "Just the FAQs, part III - More DB2 LUW Performance Gems" with Steve Rees, Room 106.
- Technical Session 15: D15, "DB2 LUW Advancements in Monitoring – From Paper-Weight CRT to Paper-Thin LED Monitors!" with Vijay Sitaram (McKesson Corp) in Room 106
- Don't skip the closing session unless you have to rush off to the airport to catch a flight. The closing session usually has some interesting bits of information.
DBI is a GOLD Sponsor of the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Denver.
Share the DB2 LUW IDUG Love
See that "Mail This" link below? Click it and do a friend a favor - share this blog post with your friends and peers. They will thank you!
Post from : http://www.dbisoftware.com/blog/db2_performance.php
Printed from : http://www.dbisoftware.com/blog/db2_performance.php?id=359
Let your friends and followers know about the IDUG DB2 Tech Conference "Best Bets" Part 2: