Perhaps you've read or seen the "official" IDUG Top 10 Reasons for attending this great conference. Here are the "unofficial" Top 10 reasons from my point of view with embellishments. Whether your company sends you or you have to spend your own dime to invest in your education and career, just get to IDUG! The Top 10...
Perhaps you've read or seen the "official" IDUG Top 10 Reasons for attending this great conference. Here are the "unofficial" Top 10 reasons from my point of view. Whether your company sends you or you have to spend your own dime to invest in your education and career, just get here. The Top 10...
Ten Reasons to Attend IDUG
- Robust Technical Session Schedule - The IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Orlando offers sessions designed to fit your needs. You will have no problem filling your agenda with the right education for your job role and organization's priorities!
- I personally love the focus on DB2 at IDUG! User presentations are awesome - learn how real people really use DB2 and conquer their goals!
- Celebrations for IDUG's 25th Anniversary and IBM DB2's 30th Anniversary - It's hard to believe IDUG is 25 this year! Join us to look back at where we have come from and see where IDUG is headed in the future. Stay tuned for more information about celebrations for IBM DB2's 30th anniversary.
- Tuesday night, 30 APR 8pm-Midnight, DBI Software and HLS Technologies are hosting a celebration party like IDUG hasn't seen since the 1990's. Live music performed by The Shining Star Band, good food, free drinks, incredible venue to meet and make new friends!
- One Day Seminars - The perfect opportunity to learn more about specific aspects of DB2 that you deal with on a day-to-day basis. Learn more.
- Certification Exams - Take advantage of this opportunity to gain IBM professional certifications at no additional cost. All IDUG DB2 Tech Conference attendees are eligible to take two complimentary certification exams as long as the first exam is passed.
- Let me translate: FREE Certifications! You can do it!
- Free Workshops - Your IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Orlando registration unlocks a number of complimentary workshops held on Friday, May 3.
- Save on Registration, Be an IDUG Mentor - IDUG offers an incomparable loyalty reward program for those who have attended three or more IDUG conferences, are an IBM Champion or are a member of a Regional User Group.
- You can attend IDUG for just $395 via this unique program if you are a first time attendee. You just need to have someone, like a prior attendee or IBM Champion, "mentor" you. My "mentor" discount is still available, so, if you need a friend to claim the discount, contact me! I also know people who know people.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi - Throughout the meeting space and in each hotel guest room at the Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel and Convention Center.
- Complimentary means FREE so you can keep up with your Facebook, Twitter, Email, and DB2 Database activities during this conference!
- Easy-to-Navigate Meeting Space - The Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel and Convention Center is compact and easy to navigate.
- Thank goodness! I just hate tripping over people. Extra curricular learning opportunities will be held at the pool near the bar.
- Networking - While in Orlando, gain access to old and new connections. Trade business cards with industry-leading vendors, your DB2 peers and speakers at the Exhibit Hall and networking events sponsored by some of IDUG's top vendors
- Undoubtedly, this is my favorite part of IDUG. During the last 25 years, I've made friends all over the world, and going to IDUG is like a big family reunion! Expect lots of hugs and handshakes.
- Hot Industry Topics - Hear from experts regarding their opinions on a variety of important topics. Key sessions include:
- Austin Clifford, IBM Corporation: Offically Amazing - DB2 10 Powers the World's Largest Data Warehouse
- Martin Hubel, MHC Inc.: Tuning SAP with DB2 for LUW
- Scott Hayes, DBI Software: C09 - Index Jump Scans and Updated Rules for Optimal DB2 LUW Index Design
- Melanie Stopfer, IBM Corporation: Best Practices: Upgrade to DB2 LUW 10
- John Campbell, IBM Corporation: Application Best Practices and Recommendations Specific to DB2 for z/OS Data Sharing
- Bryan Paulsen, John Deere: The Challenges and the Redesign of a Big Data Mission Critical Application
- Robert Goodman, Florida Hospital: DB2-z vs Oracle-Showdown at the Warehouse Corral
Share this IDUG Top 10 with your friends and followers:
I hope to see you at IDUG!
Post from : http://www.dbisoftware.com/blog/db2_performance.php
Printed from : http://www.dbisoftware.com/blog/db2_performance.php?id=424