Host CommentaryToday I walked a tight rope, figuratively speaking. In light of communications from IBM, my goal was to "Speak No Evil". In the spirit of producing valuable DB2 educational content for the DB2 community, we ran this show despite concerns from several parties. In the end, I think the show was fair, objective, and helpful. Attendees rated the show very highly and everyone in the studio audience indicated that they learned something. Here's what you'll see when you watch the replay:
- Some interesting polling questions covering the use of SQL, the DB2 9.7 statement concentrator, and OPM
- Brief review of DB2 access paths, execution costs, and index best practices
- How I would use IBM OPM if it were the only tool available to me
- Monitoring of IBM OPM PERFDB performance with SQL Snapshots and review of KPIs
- Advice for six or more indexes that could be added to improve the efficiency of the PERFDB
- And, of course, a short DBI commercial
DBI will be organizing a "private" webinar to tell "the rest of the story" that we were prohibited from sharing today. If you would like to participate, please Contact DBI.
Join The DB2Night Show™ LinkedIn GroupThe DB2Night Show™ has a LinkedIn Group. The "closed" group is open to any LinkedIn member. Join to receive LinkedIn group updates including future shows and replay information, and, if you like, start some discussions about the show! Join The DB2Night Show LinkedIn Group!
A message from today's show sponsor
Please watch our short 2 minute 26 second video. It'll play just once. Thanks!
Our #2 Job is giving you the documentation to prove it!
Get the Download Replay
To download a recorded replay of Episode #58, right click on the link below and choose "Save As..."
Episode 58, 23 September 2011, Using and Tuning IBM Optim Performance Manager.
Have an iLife, iDevice, iPod, iPad, or iPhone? Right click and download the M4V ( MP4 ) format!
During the show, reference was made to IBM documentation on Optim Performance Manager. For your convenience, here are the links:
- IBM Optim Performance Manager for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Best practices: Deploying Optim Performance Manager in large scale environments
REMEMBER to REGISTER for upcoming shows! www.DB2NightShow.com Our Season #3 show schedule is published through the end of 2011!