Our Finalists and their Topics
- JB, Using HADR as a data migration tool with minimal downtime
- Mary, Successfully using Sequences (versus generated identities)
- Norberto, Improving Performance with Activate and Deactivate DB
- Ahmad, Avoiding Query Timeout in OLTP with high speed LIKE search technique
- Raja, DB2 PureScale Overview
- John, A cookbook of automation for moving data from DB2 mainframe to LUW with Federation
- Sameer - Did not present (absent)
- Thiru, Solving Performance Challenges in 4 Minutes
- Momi, DB2 Access Path / Plan Stability
- Bob, Using "Except" versus "Not In" to cut query response time from 18 minutes to 5 seconds
Episode 44, 04 March 2011, DB2's GOT TALENT Finals Round #1.
Have an iLife, iDevice, iPod, iPad, or iPhone? Right click and download the M4V ( MP4 ) format!
If you were in our studio audience, or if you downloaded and watched the replay, PLEASE VOTE for your favorite Contestants here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DB2sGotTalentFinals1
We will randomly select a voter to win a $25 Amazon.com electronic gift certificate. Limit one vote per computer. The polls close at 3pm Central on 10 March 2011. The Top 7 Finalists that receive the most votes will compete again on 11 March 2011 (we will eliminate two plus Sameer).
Thank you to all of our finalists! We appreciate your willingness to share your DB2 knowledge with the DB2 community. Be sure to spread the word about this replay, The DB2Night Show, and make sure your friends and business contacts vote!
Join The DB2Night Show™ LinkedIn GroupThe DB2Night Show™ now has a LinkedIn Group. The group is open to any LinkedIn member. Join to receive LinkedIn group updates including future shows and replay information, and, if you like, start some discussions about the show! Join The DB2Night Show LinkedIn Group!
Our Shameless Marketing Moment
During today's quick commercial break, DBI called attention to some important and helpful DB2 LUW Performance blogs:
- DB2 LUW Performance: Following my own Advice and Thankful
- DB2 LUW Performance: Are you REALLY ready for Production?
- DB2 LUW Performance Analysis and Tuning Workshop at IDUG NA, Anaheim, CA - Details and Preparation Instructions
- DB2 LUW Performance Analysis and Tuning Workshop at The DB2 Symposium, Dallas, Texas - Details and Preparation Instructions
Please look for DBI's new ad in IBM Data Management Magazine. Our ad is on the inside back cover. Look for instructions on how you can get a new white paper "IBM DB2 LUW Critical Performance Measurements" which provides SQL commands and actionable tuning advice!
Our #2 Job is giving you the documentation to prove it!