New Features in Brother-Panther® 5.1 for DB2 LUW Performance Management Tool
- DB2 V8.2
- DB2 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 9.8
Database Server / Operating Systems
- Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3, 4, 5 (32 bit)
- Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3, 4, 5 (64 bit)
- IBM AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
- Sun Solaris 8, 9, or 10 (SPARC)
- Microsoft Windows® 2003 (32 bit)
- Microsoft XP Pro SP2 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows® Vista 32/64 bit
- Microsoft Windows 7® 64 bit
- Don't see yours here? Let us know
Please consult the product release notes for complete details
- Microsoft Windows 2003 (32 bit), Microsoft XP Pro (32 bit), Microsoft Vista 32/64 bit, Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit
- DB2 LUW v8.1 FP 9a or V9 Runtime Client or later
- Microsoft IE 6.x or later is required for accessing online help
- Microsoft Windows .Net Framework 2.0. If this is not installed, the DBI Admin Console will optionally install this component
- Adobe Reader v7 or later is required to view PDF reports
"Good things come to those who wait." Brother-Panther V5.1 provides several
new, remarkable, game changing, industry breakthrough features and capabilities!
Compare Database and SQL Workload Performance for any two timeframes
If you upgraded DB2, applied a DB2 fixpack, or implemented an application change, the first thing everyone wants to know is: IS PERFORMANCE BETTER OR
WORSE? What improved? What degraded? What do we need to fix NOW?
- In as few as two mouse clicks, Brother-Panther will instantly show you!
- You can now get a side by side comparison of performance for any two timeframes in seconds!
- Implement a change over the weekend? In seconds, quickly compare Friday afternoon performance to Monday morning! Compare this week to last week,
or last week to last quarter - it is your choice!
- You simply have to see this! Contact DBI!
Brother-Panther 5.1 now tracks applications and their aggregate and relative costs. Start with any costly application, and, with one mouse click, find out
what Users ran the application! Or, with one mouse click, view performance trends for the application! And, of course, you can see the SQL executed by the
application as well.
With just one mouse click, you can now discover WHO the database Users are and what their aggregate and relative costs are. With another mouse click, see
trends for a User or Drill Down to see the SQL executed by the User!
WHO RAN THIS SQL!?!?!? Perhaps you smartly analyzed Table Performance, found the table with the highest I/O cost, and then Drilled Down to discover the
SQL driving the I/O to that table. Maybe you are looking at 84 different SQL statements, but one of them consumed 70% of the CPU time and 80% of the I/O.
What do you want to know next? WHO! Yes, Brother-Panther 5.1 can reverse engineer all of the Users that ran a particular SQL statement.
Solid State Disk Advice
If you can't afford to put your entire database on SSD, then which tablespaces would benefit the most from being placed on SSD? Brother-Panther 5.1 will
tell you in just two mouse clicks! (See Tablespace Performance Analysis, column "SSD Weight" - tablespaces with the highest SSD weighting value will
benefit the most).
DB2 mainframe people have been concerned about chargebacks since the beginning of time. With cloud computing, server consolidation, and multi-tenancy, it
is possible that chargebacks might finally become important in the DB2 distributed database world. With Brother-Panther 5.1, you can assign a $/CPU second
cost to your monitored databases and Brother-Panther will show you the price tag for your applications, users, and their individual SQL. Maybe, at last,
you can get that crazy user "Bob" to stop running "Select *" from four multi-million row tables without join predicates. Think about it.
New Follow-up Flag Colors - Sticky Notes for your SQL
Brother-Panther 4.3 provided three follow-up flag colors: Red, Yellow, and Green. Based on the incredible popularity of this feature with customers,
Brother-Panther 5.1 adds several more flag colors plus a special checkered flag that can be used to indicate an SQL statement has been successfully tuned.
In addition to these major enhancements, Brother-Panther 5.1 includes a long list of minor enhancements and a few bug fixes. Consult the product release
notes for details.
Thanks for taking a look at Brother-Panther's latest enhancements. CLICK
to return to Brother-Panther's product page.