New Features in Brother-Panther® 5.2 for DB2 LUW
- DB2 V8.2
- DB2 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 9.8
- DB2 10
- Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3, 4, 5 (32 bit)
- Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3, 4, 5 (64 bit)
- SUSE z/Linux
- IBM AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
- Sun Solaris 8, 9, or 10 (SPARC)
- Microsoft Windows® 2003 (32 bit)
- Microsoft XP Pro SP2 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows® Vista 32/64 bit
- Microsoft Windows 7® 64 bit
- Don't see yours here? Let us know
Please consult the product release notes for complete details
- Microsoft Windows 2003 (32 bit), Microsoft XP Pro (32 bit), Microsoft Vista 32/64 bit, Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit
- DB2 LUW v8.1 FP 9a or V9 Runtime Client or later
- Microsoft IE 6.x or later is required for accessing online help
- Microsoft Windows .Net Framework 2.0. If this is not installed, the DBI Admin Console will optionally install this component
- Adobe Reader v7 or later is required to view PDF reports
"Good things come to those who wait." Brother-Panther V5.2 provides several
new, remarkable, game changing, industry breakthrough features and capabilities!
Compare Database and SQL Workload Performance for any two timeframes
If you upgrade DB2, apply a DB2 fixpack, or implement an application change, the first thing everyone wants to know is: IS PERFORMANCE BETTER OR WORSE?
What improved? What degraded? What do we need to fix NOW?
- In as few as two mouse clicks, Brother-Panther will instantly show you!
- You can now get a side by side comparison of performance for any two timeframes in seconds!
- Implement a change over the weekend? In seconds, quickly compare Friday afternoon performance to Monday morning! Compare this week to last week,
or last week to last quarter - it is your choice!
- New in 5.2: With just one mouse click, receive a PDF report detailing all of the changes that occurred between
the compared timeframes!
- You simply have to see this! Contact DBI!
Enhanced Change Event Tracking
Some environmental changes occur outside of the database - these might include hardware changes, applying DB2 fixpacks, or implementation of new
application releases. Beginning with V5.2, Brother-Panther now allows DBA users to record such important external event changes. These events will be
automatically plotted on performance trend charts so the impacts of external changes can be fully ascertained.
For customers with multi-partition environments, more granular controls are implemented so that DBAs can choose which partitions are monitored and how.
Even lower overhead
While other "solutions", free tools, and freely bundled tools often add 20-40% overhead to a database server, release 5.2 of Brother-Panther sustains
DBI's leadership as a very low overhead solution. New collection methods have cut the Repository storage footprint for certain performance data by 50%.
DB2 10 and z/Linux Support
Brother-Panther 5.2 adds timely support for DB2 10 and the z/Linux operating system.
Smarter Tools Got Smarter
Brother-Panther 5.2, the Admin Console, and Brother-Thoroughbred now all "remember" the DBI Repositories that were recently connected to. Now customers
with large implementations can easily switch between repository databases with just a mouse click.
In addition to these major enhancements, Brother-Panther 5.2 includes a long list of minor enhancements and a few bug fixes. Consult the product release
notes for details.
Thanks for taking a look at Brother-Panther's latest enhancements. CLICK
to return to Brother-Panther's product page.