New Features in Brother-Panther® 5.3 for DB2 LUW
- DB2 V8.2
- DB2 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 9.8
- DB2 10, 10.5
- Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3, 4, 5 (32 bit)
- Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3, 4, 5 (64 bit)
- SUSE z/Linux
- IBM AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
- Sun Solaris 8, 9, or 10 (SPARC)
- Microsoft Windows® 2003 (32 bit)
- Microsoft XP Pro SP2 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows® Vista 32/64 bit
- Microsoft Windows 7® 64 bit
- Don't see yours here? Let us know
Please consult the product release notes for complete details
- Microsoft Windows 2003 (32 bit), Microsoft XP Pro (32 bit), Microsoft Vista 32/64 bit, Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit
- DB2 LUW v8.1 FP 9a or V9 Runtime Client or later
- Microsoft IE 6.x or later is required for accessing online help
- Microsoft Windows .Net Framework 2.0. If this is not installed, the DBI Admin Console will optionally install this component
- Adobe Reader v7 or later is required to view PDF reports
"Ready for BLU!" Brother-Panther V5.3 adds full support for DB2 V10.5, plus
adds a number of exciting customer requested enhancements.
New Snapshot Data Collection Method
For monitored databases running DB2 V9.7 FP 5 or higher, the DBI Collector will now attempt to make MON_GET calls to obtain object performance
information. MON_GET is faster with very low overhead (direct memory access).
SQL Statement Text Searching and Filtering
Looking for a particular SQL statement, or a statement that includes a particular column? A new SQL Find feature makes it very easy to find SQL
statements containing text strings.
- Taking "Find" a step further, you can now also filter SQL workloads by text strings. This means you can easily isolate and view all of the SQL
that references a certain column or schema name, or certain tables that might begin with a particular table name prefix.
No more SQL "Hide and Seek"
In prior releases, users had to click on a statement and choose "View" to see the SQL statement text. With this release, simply hover your mouse over the
SQL statement verb and you will see the first 512 characters of the SQL statement. VERY CONVENIENT!
Yuck! That's a bad index! Drop it!
When viewing Index information in DBI's Explain, you can now right click on an index to select the option "Drop Index." This will put a generated DROP
INDEX command into the SQL editor where you can execute it or save it for later execution.
Improved DPF Partition Performance Monitoring
When analyzing the performance of DPF partitions (Partition Performance), new drill downs are available to drill down to Tablespace or Table performance -
a nice workflow improvement! In a DPF database, you want to identify your worst performing partitions (those carrying the heaviest load or highest costs),
then drill down to the Tables within a partition to isolate I/O hot spots. Once you have identified Tables with high costs, right click "Find Impacting
Statements" to discover the SQL driving I/O to a particular table and its aggregate and relative costs. 3 Mouse Clicks! Done!
In addition to these significant enhancements, Brother-Panther 5.3 includes a long list of minor enhancements and a few bug fixes. Consult the product
release notes for details.
Thanks for taking a look at Brother-Panther's latest enhancements. CLICK
to return to Brother-Panther's product page.