Improving Response Times
For over ten years, we have been helping organizations around the world fight performance fires under demanding
timeframes. We know what it takes to help you be the performance hero, and the DBI product solutions have made improving response times as fast and easy
as seven mouse clicks or fewer.
- Click '1': Start the DBI tools and instantly identify the database that requires attention
- Click '2': Response Time and SLA analysis shows how much time is spent inside the database and out, and what the resource time bottleneck is
within the database
- Click '3': Click the SLA DETAILS button to see a graphical distribution of Service Level Agreement attainments.
- Click '4': Click the STATEMENT ACTIVITY button to see the statements that are the most harmful to system response times.
- Click '5': Optional - Explain the statement with the slowest average response time or the statement(s) with the highest aggregate percentage of
- Click '6': Pass the greatest time consuming statement to the database Design Advisor
- Click '7': Implement a physical design solution (often one or more indexes) to cure the root cause response time problem.
Verify Your Success
In another mouse click or two, create a performance trend chart that graphically documents that the solution(s) you implemented were successful. You will
often be able to visually see:
- 'Faster response times for individual statements and transactions overall'
- Lower CPU utilization
- Lower I/O costs
- Reduced table and statement I/O
- Improved SLA attainment percentages
- ... and much more.
Save your trend charts and take them to your next annual performance review.
Proactively Avoid Future Problems
Activate DBI's robust, lights-out, automated, advanced, and extensible health and trouble alerts
. Receive emails, pages,
or SMS text messages. Optionally send SNMP trap alerts to central management consoles, automatically execute DB2 commands, or automatically engage
operating system commands or scripts.'BE THE FIRST TO KNOW at the first sign of trouble BEFORE your phone rings. Get
if response times are degrading, SLAs aren't being met, or statements in the database are consuming excessive I/O,
CPU, or taking too long to complete. Odds are good you will fix or avoid the emerging problem in six mouse clicks or fewer, no angry people will telephone
you, and you will have more trend charts to document your value to the organization. ' Our #1 Job is helping you look great. Our #2 job is giving
you the evidence to prove it.