The DB2Night Show™
Follow, and participate in,
The DB2Night Show
Please use hash tag #DB2Night in your Tweets!
IBM DB2 GOLD Consultant
IBM Program Publishing Manager
IBM DB2 GOLD Consultant
The DB2Night Show™
2015 DB2's GOT TALENT Contest
-- Covering both DB2 LUW and z/OS
- 1st Prize: One FREE IDUG Conference Registration to any IDUG Conference in 2015
(North America, Europe, or Australia) provided by IDUG, plus up to $1,500 USD travel
expense allowance provided by DBI. Approximate value of prize package: $3,500 USD
- 2nd Prize: One FREE DB2 Symposium Registration (3 Days) to any Event in 2015 provided by KBCE,
plus up to $1,000 USD travel expense allowance provided by
HLS Technologies (sponsor pending).
- 3rd Prize: Apple iPad (approximate value $500) provided by
- Finalist Prizes: Each of the top 10 Contestants that are invited by the judges to participate
in Finals Shows will win $50 Amazon.com Gift Certificates provided by
PLEASE TELL AT LEAST FIVE of YOUR FRIENDS about
The DB2Night Show :: DB2's GOT TALENT
DB2's GOT TALENT
IDUG and DBI know there is a great deal of talent in our DB2 user communities. If you have
DB2 in any way, you have likely enjoyed some form of success; you have probably
also solved some challenges.
Through this contest, we are looking for members of the DB2 LUW and z/OS user communities
to share their experiences
with others --- which is exactly the spirit of IDUG
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
You are eligible to participate as a contestant if:
- You can spell "DB2" and have hands on business experience using it
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You properly complete the contestant application and agree to the rules and provisions therein
- You have a computer with a high speed internet connection, a microphone,
and a headset, and your computer and
internet connection must be capable of running GoToMeeting® and GoToWebinar® software (visit
www.GoToMeeting.com ). If you've successfully attended an episode
of The DB2Night Show, you're all set.
- You have NOT presented at three or more IDUG or IBM conferences during the past four years. This contest is
a search for newer "upcoming" talent in the DB2 community. It is okay if you have
presented once or twice.
Generally, Contestant presentations must conform to IDUG technical session
Topics presented must be relevant to core DB2 family, LUW, or z/OS
functionality, DB2 Compression, Oracle Enablement, or Sybase Skins - which
specifically excludes any other extra cost functionality, features, or
extra cost tooling. Selling or marketing of products is prohibited.
Contestants are encouraged to use LARGE font sizes
in presentations as font sizes smaller than 18pt are difficult to read
in the live Webinar or recorded replay formats.
IMPORTANT: Contestant Confidentiality
If you are a contestant or are considering becoming a contestant, please be
advised that contestants will be introduced by their first names and country of
origin only. This affords a certain degree of anonymity. At your
discretion, you may provide additional details about your full name, company,
and contact information. Full names, company, and country of origin will be
disclosed for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners on 10 April 2015.
- Read: How The Contest Will Work
- Want to be a contestant? Download the Application (Application2015.doc), complete it, then return it to
"db2sgottalent" "at" "dbisoftware.com". See
Suggested Topics! PLEASE remember to complete the last question: DB2 LUW or z/OS, and "What do you want to talk about?"
- Spectators and Contestants: Register for your FREE seat in our
Webinar Studio Audience
Thank you to our contest Sponsors!
NEW! The DB2Night Show has a new LinkedIn Group! Get show updates and discuss our shows!
JOIN The DB2Night Show LinkedIn Group!
Replays and Recordings
All show replays can be found within the DB2Night Show blogs
By using blogs, we gain a few important advantages:
- We can provide more descriptive text about each show.
You can obtain an RSS Feed of new blog posts, learn about new episodes, and be notified about the availability of replays.
- Each blog post creates a small Shameless Marketing Moment for show sponsors. You do want The DB2Night Show to remain free,