You've got a tough job. Senior management demands cost controls, seeks productivity improvements, and requires that your teams achieve service level
agreements. We can help you minimize costs, achieve productivity gains, and document the quality of service your teams deliver. We might even be able to
help you win the annual "best boss" or "cost cutter of the year" awards.
A typical DBI customer is normally able to reduce CPU utilization by 30-90%, lower I/O utilization by 30%+, and measurably improve application response
times within four or fewer hours of DBI tools installation. By putting your distributed database processing costs on a diet, you will help your
- Avoid or defer unnecessary hardware upgrades and database software license costs
- Improve server consolidation ratios thus magnifying hardware and license cost savings
- Lower energy costs for servers, storage, and cooling
- Achieve greater end user productivity and satisfaction through performance gains
Six mouse clicks. That's all it takes. Well, sometimes it can be done in three, but we're trying to be humble and conservative. In six mouse clicks or
fewer, the DBI tools will:
- Make it easy to triage which databases have the worst problems or greatest opportunities for improvement
- Provide extended insight to measure response times, SLA attainments, and response time distributions to determine if a performance issue is a
database issue or not, and, if it is, then identify what is the time resource bottleneck
- Isolate the specific root cause problem SQL/XML statements that are the cause of the database time bottleneck, or the statements that are causing
SLAs to not be met
- Explain the root cause problem statements in a simple yet comprehensive format that automatically pulls together all of the information needed to
make quality performance improvements
- Optionally pass one or more root-cause costly statements to the database's design advisor for physical design advice
- Optionally implement a physical design improvement or save it to an external file for change control procedures
A quick case study
In Boulder Colorado, two Database Administrators had spent six months trying to identify, isolate, and solve a slow application response time problem.
With DBI tools, the issue was solved in about two hours and a CPU upgrade was avoided.
Document Your Success
The DBI tools automatically track dozens of database performance KPIs, system resource utilization metrics (CPU, Memory), SLA attainments, and changes
that can impact performance - all on easy to read charts and graphs for any timeframe of interest. Now you are fully equipped to demonstrate your success
to senior management!
Take the fear out of making changes
If a database change is made (memory, configuration, registry variables, indexes, etc), it is important to measure and verify the success of any change.
You and your teams will be able to visually see lower CPU utilization, lower I/O costs, improved response times, and improved SLA attainments as a direct
consequence of your tuning changes. Trend charts also provide a rolling log of configuration change history.
The DBI Difference
DBI uses a patented method and technique for automating the complex analysis of distributed database performance. Where other commodity solutions often
focus on activity rates and raw counts, DBI focuses on meaningful averages, ratios, and cost metrics
, and our
solutions perform this analysis with the lowest overhead in the industry. We turn data into information and information into actionable insight - usually
in six mouse clicks or less.